Will your renter’s insurance cover damages caused by the negligence of another renter?

The agents who work at Armorcrest Insurance Services serve residents throughout the San Diego and El Centro, CA area. Each agent works with their client to help them find the best type of insurance for their lifestyle. This includes explaining the importance of having condo, homeowners, or renters insurance to make sure your belongings are sufficiently protected from loss.

What Is Renters Insurance?

Renters insurance covers your possessions but not the dwelling you live in. While you are renting, it’s up to you to maintain the interior of the residence, but it is not your responsibility to make repairs if damage occurs caused by someone outside of your home. Your renter’s policy will cover the cost of replacing your possessions if they are damaged or broken due to a fire, theft, or weather.

Will It Cover Someone Else’s Negligence?

If you live in an apartment, there is always the risk that someone else’s actions may cause damage to your apartment, and subsequently, your belongings. Your policy is designed to protect you from financial loss. For example, if a neighbor overruns their bathtub and the resulting damage extends to your apartment, your insurance policy may pay to replace your belongings and possibly cover the expense of a hotel if your apartment is uninhabitable.

If you live in the San Diego or El Centro, CA area and have questions as to how much renters insurance you need or how to convert a renters policy to a homeowners policy, call the agents of Armorcrest Insurance Services. They can help you determine the type of coverage that suits your needs and how much you need to be fully protected from financial loss. Get the answers you need to make an informed decision! Call today!