If you own a car in the El Centro, CA area, you want to keep it in shape to get you safely to your destinations. Checking these simple items can keep you on the road and help you notice something that might become a serious problem sooner or later. It takes a few minutes to check most of these and it will help keep you safe and your car running right.
- Check the oil- your vehicle cannot run without it. It’s easy to do yourself by pulling out the dipstick, wiping it off, re-insert, and remove it to check the level.
- Check the tire pressure- an easy way to do this is by using a tire pressure gauge. You can purchase one or go to an automatic tire pressure check and fill system.
- Check the power steering fluid- this is something you can check yourself. Trying to drive without it makes the car difficult to control.
- Check the antifreeze or coolant level- the car relies on this fluid to help it run properly and not overheat.
- Check the tire tread- look for bulges or lumps in the sidewall of the tire. Have your tires rotated regularly and replaced at the recommended mileage.
- Check the lights on the car– make sure they are all working properly.
- Have your brakes checked regularly- if you hear them squealing, pulling to one side, or chattering when in use, replace the brake pads and check your rotors.
- Have the wheel alignment checked– if the wheels are pulling to one direction, this may be because of your vehicles alignment. It will keep you safe and save on incorrect wear on the tires.
At Armorcrest Insurance Services in the El Centro, CA area, an agent can help you find the right auto insurance to cover you in case something goes wrong. Contact an Amorcrest Insurance Services agent today or get a quote for your automobile with our online rating tool.