Am I required to carry commercial insurance in California

Owning a business in California comes with the same challenges as owning a business anywhere in the United States. Risks are part of any business and as a business owner, your job is to mitigate those risks as much as possible. Each business is unique and has its own unique set of risks but some risks are pretty universal to any business. Having a trusted insurance agent can help make sure you have the type of insurance you need to protect your business. Armorcrest Insurance Services in El Centro, CA strives to help our clients understand the meaning of protection and how to provide it for their business. 

Commercial insurance consists of many different lines. Only two of them are required by law in California. If the company owns vehicles, they need to be covered by commercial auto insurance and workers need to be covered by workers’ compensation insurance. While these are the only two kinds you are required to buy, there are several others you should have. 

Commercial property insurance protects the building you own or lease. It includes coverage of fixtures, equipment, and machinery. It also includes furniture, inventory, raw materials, and records. Some of the covered perils are fire, theft, windstorm, and vandalism. 

Commercial liability insurance is one of the most important types of coverage. It protects your business from legal action against it. No one likes to think about being sued but the reality is every business is at risk. It can be from someone hurt while visiting your property or by one of your products or services. It is more comprehensive than this in scope and offers wide protection. 

If you have questions about commercial insurance coverage at Armorcrest Insurance Services in El Centro, CA we have answers. Come by our office or give us a call and lets us give you a no-obligation quote.