Click to Call
Armorcrest Insurance Services LLC

1122 State St, Suite A
El Centro, CA 92243

Get Directions
featured motorcycle insurance

Request a quote

Motorcycle Insurance in California

If you live in El Centro CA or the surrounding areas, getting motorcycle insurance coverage with the help of Armorcrest Insurance Services LLC is easy.

Having motorcycle insurance is necessary to comply with the laws of the State of California. Because the penalties for driving without insurance in California are high and the chance of having an accident is great, especially when riding in heavy traffic, it is better to have the protection of insurance coverage in case of an accident.

Proof of insurance is required to operate a motor vehicle in California. Riding on a motorcycle in California requires the same minimum level of insurance as driving a automobile.

Motorcycle Insurance Requirements in California

Mopeds and scooters under 150cc engine capacity do not need registration in the State of California or need to meet the minimum insurance requirements. For motorcycles greater than 150cc engine capacity, the minimum motorcycle insurance required by law in California is 15/30/5.

15/30/5 is an abbreviation for the following:

  • $15,000 for the injury of one person in an accident
  • $30,000 for the injury of more than one person in an accident
  • $5,000 for property damage from a single accident

For better protection, most people have motorcycle insurance that has higher limits than the minimum legal requirements.

Not having motorcycle insurance, is subject to a fine of up to $200 for the first time and up to $500 for the second or more time within three years. The judge may add court costs to the fine. The judge has the option to impound the vehicle involved. Getting the vehicle released from impound is an expensive process.

Even if the motorcycle has insurance, it is the owner’s responsibility to have proof of insurance available at all times, when the motorcycle operates on public streets. Usually, the judge with waive the fine if the motorcycle was insured, but still may force the person to pay court fees.

The owner of any motorcycle, involved in an accident, which causes more than $750 in damage, needs to report the accident to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), within ten days of its occurrence, or risk losing their driver’s license. The police do not report accidents to the DMV.

Contact Armorcrest Insurance Services LLC at 760-693-5203 for any motorcycle insurance needs. We are independent insurance agents in El Centro CA.

Why work with us?

Right 1st image

Locally owned and operated

Right 2nd image

Policies that meet & exceed expectations

Right 3rd image

Get an Annual Policy review

Servicing these States

  • California