Making your El Centro, CA area condo energy efficient can be an effective way to help lower your monthly utility bills and increase the sustainability of your home. Here are some ideas from us at Armorcrest Insurance Services you can use to make your condo more energy efficient:
1. Switch out outdated appliances for more efficient models – Appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washers, and dryers account for up to 20% of your annual energy use. Investing in newer, Energy Star-rated models will help you save money in the long run.
2. Install smart thermostats – Smart thermostats are designed to keep track of when you’re at home and when you’re away, so they can automatically adjust the temperature when needed. This leads to significant energy savings over time.
3. Change all lightbulbs to LED bulbs – LED bulbs are much more energy efficient than traditional incandescent bulbs and last much longer! It’s a simple swap that can yield significant savings over time.
4. Insulate windows and doors – Sealing off any drafts around your windows and doors is vital for keeping air from escaping outside and wasting energy.
5. Unplug unnecessary electronics – Electronics such as microwaves, TVs, computers, chargers, etc., all draw phantom power even when turned off but still plugged into an outlet. Unplugging these devices when not in use can add up over time!
By following these steps, you can help make your condo more energy efficient while saving money in the process! For more tips, give us at Armorcrest Insurance Services a call today. We proudly serve the El Centro, CA area and would happily help you find a policy that suits your needs.