Umbrella insurance is a type of insurance that is not very well known, but it is one of the best kinds of policies that you can get in a variety of situations. If you are not sure whether you should get this type of insurance or if you need it, be sure to use this guide from Armorcrest Insurance Services, serving San Diego, CA, today.
When Should You Consider Umbrella Insurance?
- When your house is worth more than your home insurance can cover – If your home is worth more than your home insurance can cover, please consider umbrella insurance to cover the remaining value of your home. You can only get so much home insurance, but you can have a whole lot of house.
- When you own expensive cars – Just like with home insurance, you can only purchase so much auto insurance. Umbrella insurance will take care of this gap to make sure you have full coverage on your vehicles, especially if they are expensive.
- If you like to throw parties – If you are someone who enjoys having people come over to your home, you could be opening yourself up to liability. Umbrella insurance can help provide this liability in the case that someone was injured at your residence during one of these parties. Your home insurance won’t provide the same type of coverage that you would need in this situation.
If you think that umbrella insurance may be the right option for you but do not know how much coverage you need, be sure to reach out to Armorcrest Insurance Services, serving San Diego, CA, today. We can help you find the right amount of coverage, the right policy, and make sure that it fits within your budget.
California residents are smart to purchase additional condo insurance that provides them with expanded coverage over that of the protection afforded them by the condominium board insurance or an HOA. While the building and common areas are likely covered by such policies, your individual unit and belongings will not be.
Armorcrest Insurance Services is here to guide you through the entire insurance process and help you secure the comprehensive coverage that you desire. Our agents are fully-trained and knowledgeable on the various types of condo insurance that is available and appropriate for their clients in the greater El Centro, CA area.
Additional Condo Coverage
Additional coverage that you obtain personally will work in tandem with the building’s Master Policy and help you to fill any gaps in necessary coverage. If you own a condo in the El Centro CA area, Armorcrest Insurance Services is an informed choice for handling your coverage needs. Do not leave yourself or your property and personal belongings exposed to the risk of damage caused by fire, plumbing and other water issues, theft, or other unforeseen situations. Securing your own condo insurance will help you to rest easy knowing that you are covered in the event of a loss.
Proper coverage will also protect any improvements that you make to your unit or any damage that you may cause to another condo while doing so. Comprehensive coverage can also protect you from liability damages in the event that someone is injured in your condo. Sitting down with one of the agents at Armorcrest Insurance Services can help you to better understand where there may be gaps in the Master Policy provided by your Condominium Association and how to fill them.
The entire time at Armorcrest Insurance Services is dedicated to providing their clients the coverage they need!
The short answer to the question of whether or not your business is at risk for cybercrime is an emphatic yes. The long answer is that you’re probably more likely to be attacked than you even realize. Armorcrest Insurance Services understands how devastating cybercrime can be for business owners of San Diego and El Centro, CA.
Hackers Are Everywhere
In the days before computers, businesses mostly had to worry about immediate threats in their neighborhood. It makes sense that owners aren’t usually thinking about hackers who live millions of miles away trying to steal their customers’ financial information. But to cope with the reality of cybercrime, you need to understand that there is an untold amount of risk out there for everyone who has ever been online.
Virtual Crime Is On the Rise
It’s easy for criminals to commit cybercrime — probably far easier than you realize. Hackers don’t have to have advanced degrees or scientific genius. It can be as easy as buying a cheap skimmer device and setting it up on a credit card machine. Small businesses are exceptionally enticing for small-time crooks because they don’t have the same precautions as larger companies do.
What You Can Do
Commercial insurance can protect businesses from the worst of cybercrime, but you need to have the right policy to get the protection. If you live in San Diego or El Centro, CA, it’s time to give Armorcrest Insurance Services a call for more information today. We can not only help you see what your particular threats are when it comes to cybercrime; we can give you ways to help you avoid it and a chance to solve the problem if something does happen to you.
The agents who work at Armorcrest Insurance Services serve residents throughout the San Diego and El Centro, CA area. Each agent works with their client to help them find the best type of insurance for their lifestyle. This includes explaining the importance of having condo, homeowners, or renters insurance to make sure your belongings are sufficiently protected from loss.
What Is Renters Insurance?
Renters insurance covers your possessions but not the dwelling you live in. While you are renting, it’s up to you to maintain the interior of the residence, but it is not your responsibility to make repairs if damage occurs caused by someone outside of your home. Your renter’s policy will cover the cost of replacing your possessions if they are damaged or broken due to a fire, theft, or weather.
Will It Cover Someone Else’s Negligence?
If you live in an apartment, there is always the risk that someone else’s actions may cause damage to your apartment, and subsequently, your belongings. Your policy is designed to protect you from financial loss. For example, if a neighbor overruns their bathtub and the resulting damage extends to your apartment, your insurance policy may pay to replace your belongings and possibly cover the expense of a hotel if your apartment is uninhabitable.
If you live in the San Diego or El Centro, CA area and have questions as to how much renters insurance you need or how to convert a renters policy to a homeowners policy, call the agents of Armorcrest Insurance Services. They can help you determine the type of coverage that suits your needs and how much you need to be fully protected from financial loss. Get the answers you need to make an informed decision! Call today!
Many only think about motorcycle insurance when they buy a new bike. However, there is an advantage to working with your agent at Armorcrest Insurance Services in El Centro, CA once each year to double check that you have adequate coverage.
Things to consider are:
- Changes in Replacement Value – Most motorcycles go down in value over time, except for the ones that are kept as collector´s items. Collector motorcycles can go up significantly in value each year. Motorcycle insurance coverage should be adjusted up or down to reflect any changes in replacement value.
- Moving to a New Location – Insurance rates reflect the experience of insurance underwriters in the place where you live and work (if you use your motorcycle to commute to your job). It is important to inform your insurance agent if you are planning a move because it can change your rates, and you want to be sure you are properly covered in your new home.
- How Secure the Bike is Stored – Storing a motorcycle inside a locked garage with security cameras and alarms is obviously safer than leaving it parked outside. Tell your agent if you plan to change how your motorcycle is stored.
- Custom Equipment – Many bike riders enjoy improving their motorcycles with custom equipment. Additional equipment raises the value of the motorcycle and you need additional coverage to keep up with its increasing value.
- Proper Maintenance and No Accidents – Keeping your bike properly maintained to avoid accidents is a responsible idea. An insurance review should be part of regular annual maintenance.
- Security and Anti-Theft Tracking – If you add an alarm system or anti-theft tracking that uses GPS to find a stolen bike, it may help improve your rates. Ask your agent to be sure.
- Additional Riders/Users – Casual use by an occasional rider is not usually much of a concern unless they are very young; however, if you plan to allow another person to use your bike frequently, it is best to either have them added to your motorcycle insurance policy or have them get a policy of their own. Work with your agent to receive advice about your specific circumstances.
Contact Armorcrest Insurance Services in El Centro, CA if you need new motorcycle insurance or if it is time for an annual review of coverage. We are specialists in providing the coverage that you need.
There is nothing better than cruising down the river or lake on a warm, sunny day in El Centro, CA. Whether you are floating in a bass boat, speed boat, houseboat, or pontoon, spending time out on the lake is an excellent way to relax and just take it easy. What you need to know, though, is that regardless of the type of boat you are in, it needs to be protected with the right type of boat insurance. Let’s take a quick look at several reasons why you should view boat insurance as a necessity.
Accidents Happen on the Water
Even if you are very attentive when cruising down the river, through a lake, or around the ocean, you never know when another boat driver may make a mistake and enter into your line of travel. This is why it is so important to have boat insurance. The smallest of an accident on the water can lead to disastrous damages to your boat. With boat insurance, though, you can rest easy knowing you are protected.
Do you leave your boat on the water at a dock? If so, then you know how rough the water can sometimes get in a storm. It is during these times that you need to make sure you have proper protection against any storm damage that may occur. With boat insurance, you will have the protection you need.
Sink Retrieval Expense
The cost of retrieving a sunken boat from the bottom of a lake or river can cost thousands. With boat insurance, you don’t have to worry about covering this full expense out of your pocket. Always make sure when you buy a boat insurance policy that it covers this type of event.
To learn more about boat insurance, contact Armorcrest Insurance Services serving the San Diego and El Centro, CA area. Our Armorcrest Insurance Services agents can help you start a policy right away.
There is no way to plan for when you might need extra insurance coverage beyond what your San Diego, CA area auto insurance or homeowner’s insurance covers. You also won’t know when you need insurance to cover things your other policies don’t, such as damages from slander or false arrest. Umbrella insurance is designed to provide that extra coverage. Here’s what you want to know about shopping for umbrella insurance.
- Who commonly purchases umbrella insurance? A case can be made for most anyone to have an umbrella policy, such as a large law suite that wipes you out. Here are some situations that often carry an umbrella: property owner, owning significant assets and savings, those concerned about liability claims when traveling outside the country, or people that are involved in activities that increase chances of being sued.
- When buying umbrella insurance, typical policies come in million-dollar increments. Many companies only sell an umbrella policy if you already have auto and/or property insurance, which can include a renter’s policy.
- Deciding on how much coverage you need can be tricky, but a good rule is to purchase enough to cover your net worth. This can also include potential earnings for the future.
- If you think an umbrella policy will be too expensive, the truth is that they are quite reasonable. For example, a $1 million policy might run $150-$300 a year.
- You can get an umbrella policy from most major insurance companies.
Armorcrest Insurance Services
Armorcrest Insurance Services provides insurance in the San Diego, CA area. We have a high customer retention rate because we strive for excellent customer service. Contact an Armorcrest agent today to discuss your insurance policies and explore how an umbrella insurance policy can protect you.
If you own a condo, it’s important to keep your premises in reasonably safe condition for the residents and visitors alike. Of course, you want to protect your investment as well. To do both, you will want to purchase condo insurance that covers you in the event of a disaster striking the condo and affecting its interior and exterior alike. If your dwelling is located in California, you will want to consider Armorcrest Insurance Services, which serves the El Centro, CA area and neighboring towns such as San Diego and Palm Desert.
Why Do You Need Condo Insurance?
Condo insurance, also known as condominium unit owners insurance, is required to cover personal property and areas of the unit that aren’t already covered by the insurance policy provided by the condo association. There are three different kinds of policies the association can offer, specifically one that insures only the primary building and common areas, one that covers the building and items that are not personal property, and a policy that insures the building, a particular unit, and any home improvements made to it. However, when you get a condo insurance policy from Armorcrest Insurance Services in El Centro, CA, you can enjoy even more peace of mind that your dwelling and personal property are protected in the event of a disaster.
If you are looking to purchase condo insurance for your home, get a quote from Armorcrest Insurance Services at your earliest convenience.
What Does California Condo Insurance Cover and What’s Not Covered?
Condo insurance in California provides coverage for all of the following:
- Freezing of the plumbing system
However, the insurance will not cover any of the following instances:
- Bodily injury
- Property damage
- Ownership, operation, maintenance or use of motor vehicles, aircraft, and watercraft
- Professional services provided or not provided
Our Staff is here to help guide you through the process of condo insurance and teach you what it includes. Reach out to one of our agents to address any questions or concerns you may have. Our office is open to visits, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Commercial insurance is extremely important for small businesses in El Centro, CA. If something negative were to happen to your business, you might not have the money to pay for the loss out of your own pocket. This may mean you have to shutter your business because of something that was out of your control. Commercial insurance helps to protect against these losses, helping you to stay in business. Here are three things Armorcrest Insurance Services thinks you should know about commercial insurance.
Commercial Insurance is Not Required
In most cities, commercial insurance is not required by law. However, this does not mean you should not have it. There are many benefits to having this type of insurance, especially if your cash reserves are low or you are struggling to build your business and turn a profit.
Commercial Insurance Covers Various Things
No two commercial insurance policies are the same. What they cover varies based on the policy. As such, you will want to carefully read your policy and see what is or is not covered. Never assume something is or is not covered.
Commercial Insurance is Often Called Business Insurance
There is no such thing as business insurance. If you hear someone using this term, odds are, they are talking about commercial insurance. The terms are used interchangeably because commercial insurance protects your business.
We know commercial insurance is important to small businesses. If you are in need of a new policy or are looking to get answers to questions you have, let Armorcrest Insurance Services, serving the greater El Centro, CA area, help. Call us now to schedule an appointment so we can discuss all of your insurance needs and put together a policy that is perfect for you.
Your results may vary, but generally speaking, a defensive driving course is a great way to save some money on your insurance. Armorcrest Insurance Services wants to inform you of the benefits of taking a defensive driving class in El Centro, CA.
In some states, the discount is automatic:
If you pass a defensive driving course and get your certification, then your insurer is required to offer a specific discount. This discount may be a percentage or a set amount removed from the base cost. This is before any other discounts and penalties are applied, so the discount itself is not affected by any other factors directly.
California is one of the states mandating these discounts. These discounts tend to be smaller for older drivers more so than for younger drivers. If you’re over fifty-five, you’ve already got more experience under your belt than a defensive driving course can deliver so the benefits may be relatively minimal. If you’re under twenty-five, a defensive driving course can be a major boost to your relatively limited experience on the road.
If you are paying a little more than you’d like due to marks on your driving record, a discount for passing one of these courses can help to make up for that. You may even have points removed from your record following completion of the course and it will give the illusion that the speeding ticket never happened.
Different insurers will offer different discounts over the state-mandated minimum, but in El Centro CA, all insurers are required to carry these discounts by law. The courses are usually pretty cheap to attend, can be completed in under six hours, and will save you quite a bit of money over the course of the year.
Call our agents at Armorcrest Insurance Services to find out more about how a defensive driving class can benefit you. Our offices are open to visits to find out more about your auto insurance or use our online rating tool to get quotes for your auto or home policies.